Monday, December 01, 2008

The Countdown begins!




The countdown to Christmas, that is! I bought my first gifts today, got lots of the little ones in the family covered at Target...fancy, huh? I've been working on a gift for my mom and dad for a month. It's turning out amazing, but I can't share it here...I can't remember if my mom knows how to find my blog or not!

I'll start rushing to get the tree up, and bugging Nick to get the lights on the outside of the house later this week, right now, I just can't wrap my head around the idea that Christmas is coming! So, I'm creating Christmas layout (something I NEVER do!) and listening to carols...my favorite this year is Let It Be Christmas by Alan Jackson...beautiful words! The layout above is from Christmas 1964...mom in the blue robe with the what the hell was I thinking look on her face. If I know my mom, she was wrapping those gifts until about 4AM...she hates the wrapping part! But if you look closely at the photos...no, I'm not talking about me and my STYLIN' headband, you'll see my most favorite gift ever...a PINK TONKA Camper! Man, I loved that truck...the windows opened and closed, the doors opened, and when your took her through the mud, you just hosed her down, inside and out! Awesome!

Hope you're all starting to feel the love of the season!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your layout is AMAZING! First, what a treasure to have those photos! Wowzers - what fun. They make me smile. And then the layout itself is stunning. Your buttonage is too cute and love the mix of the me!

ScrapGoo said...

I am so inspired by all your old photo LOs lately. I got my hands on some seriously old pics (I think I have one original from at least 1900) and will be following in your footsteps soon!

Hi! My name is erica. Would you be my friend? said...

I love that lo! So pretty! I'm a sucker for pink!