Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My new FAVE and ReGifting








I love my music, ya know! Seriously, my first memories are filled with music. I think the only other thing I remember from my childhood is crashing my bike in kindergarten and bouncing down the gutter to a concussion...hey, maybe that's why I don't remember anything else? Permanent memory loss?

Anyway, I've been working on this mini album for about a week. Finally ended up just finishing it last night...wish I would have waited and put that journaling from the last page on a journaling spot or two so I could read it, but otherwise, I LOVE how this turned out! I used the All Mixed Up album from Magistical Memories and lots of little bits and pieces of their chipboard throughout. Most of the rest of it is from Studio Calico's kit. The album has been floating around in my brain since I first heard this song by Carolina Rain a few weeks ago. I haven't done a mini without pictures before, but I know I don't have any pictures from the times in my life that I wanted to journal...at least not without tearing apart mom's bedroom to find them (don't think I didn't think about it!) so I did it without...and I LOVE it! Did I already say that?

I've been listening to the country music again...almost always go back to that. It's in my blood apparently. But I love it when the kids share their music with me too...even if it's just the Pokemon theme song which I mysteriously found added to my iPod playlist the other day...wonder who could have done that??

Did I mention that I won a laptop at the church Harvest Festival last week? It was going to be Vic's...his laptop is dying, and it would have got me out of getting me that late Father's Day gift that the kids still owe him. I guess it was not to be...Jess called this morning and her computer is kaput! GRRRRRRR! Vic's driving her his Father's Day present as I type this...told her it was worth it to him if she graduates with no extra semesters!!!

4 comments:

carrie said...

That mini album is awesome, I can see why you love it so much!

Melanie said...

Laura
Did you ever get an answer to your question about the Dream Street app? I just saw it but don't know how to contact you. I want to make sure you got it in.

Rachel Carlson said...

laura, this is FANTASTIC!!! hope you are doing well, miss you! hugs, rachel

Linda said...

I just so love this Laura. Gorgeous.