should not have to live in a hospital! They should not have to hurt in their bones every day of their life! They should not have to stop running, and playing and climbing on things and pushing buttons because they don't have the energy to be a two year old boy!
This is Stevie, my two year old cousin, who was diagnosed last week with Acute Lymphomatic Leukemia...cancer in his blood. Three weeks ago, he was a perfectly normal, fast moving two year old. Now
he won't eat, has lost more weight than any two year old should ever lose, and the only thing that makes him happy is sucking on this binky. I am praying that the chemo that he is going through is working to kill the cancer in him so that he can grow up to be a strong three year old, and four year old, and forty old, and eighty year old.
I went to see Stevie in the hospital this morning. He had more fun playing with the knife and jelly than he did eating the toast. He is tired of visitors, and nurses and medicine. He is beautiful, and he is strong, and he is fighting for his life. If you are a believer in prayer, please pray for him.

9 comments:
Oh poor baby. I can't even imagine what it must be like watching your child go through something like that. I'll definitely be running in his honor!!!
-bucket
oh laura... this made me tear up.
good thoughts going his way.
We will be praying for Stevie and for his parents.
Todd, Heather & Ethan
Oh my, what a little sweetie. No child should have to go through this, makes my heart break. I will definitely be praying for him & family.
Oh...he's such a doll. Please know he'll be in my prayers.
Laura: I'm so sorry to hear of your nephew. Having just lost my dear sister in law to cancer last week, I think I can understand your fear, sadness, and disbelief. I am praying for Stevie.
What a sweet baby. My heart aches for him. Laura, I will be praying for him and your family.
hi there, i found your blog via 2peas. my heart goes out to you and your family, and we will keep him in our special prayers tonight.
cheers&blessings,
erin
I know you mentioned this earlier this week but I didn't know he was feeling this way :(
I will talk to you Saturday. I will pray for lil Stevie.
Nancy
Post a Comment