Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Running into the light



These layouts have nothing to do with what I have been thinking about all day, but I LOVE how they turned out! Found this photo of Nick in some of the stuff in his memory box yesterday and thought it was too funny not to scrap...he used to be such a little stinker sometimes!!
I got up this morning to meet Chris for a morning run. This was the first run I have agreed to in about three to four weeks. I have been out a few times to walk, but haven't had any desire to get up early and go for a run. I have gained weight, being lazy and sad, and have kind of lost control of my life. But this morning, as I headed out, I thought of my friend Dawn, who I have been missing like crazy. She used to be the face that I saw nearly every morning for a run. Then she moved to Pennsylvania. And I have been sleeping in. Well today, as I moved out the door, in the dark, I kind of had an a-ha moment. I have been living in the dark, slowly losing myself, barely living this life I'm in the middle of...and alot of it has to do with how I feel about myself since I gave up on running. By the time I finished my run, it was light outside, I was feeling like I had really done something positive, and I wasn't nearly as sad as I was yesterday. Part of it was catching up with Chris, but alot of it was that I got up, got moving, and started running in the right direction again!!
On another note--Stevie went home from the hospital on Saturday!!! His red blood cells finally decided to start fighting back, he is over the rhinovirus, and on the road to feeling a little better. When he got home, he was so happy to be there! He is back to rough housing with his big brother Kane, loving his sisters, and just so happy to be home! Thanks to everyone who has been praying for him and his family!

3 comments:

Monica said...

awww i love me some laura lo's. just {love} them.
i'm so happy to hear about little stevie! such good news :)
and laura hun..i'm sorry you've been so down. i know that kind of funk you were talking about. i was like that after my bf moved too. its poopy. but lookie at you having an aha moment! wtg! so glad to hear you are getting back on track. love you mucho :)

Nura Keif said...

Love those LOs. Wonderful!!:-D
Have an awesome week!!

Bianca Alonso said...

Your layouts are amazing!!!! :)
I loved your style :) (and i also loved the picture of the cute puppies)

xoxo from Brazil
Bianca