Friday, March 30, 2007

So Very Blessed...and the kids are capable!!

Vic and I went to Dallas Monday-Wednesday of this week. Just a short buy fair business trip! Got to stay in an awesome corner room with lots of windows on both sides so we had a great view of the Dallas Freeway system, LOL!

Left our kids home ALONE for the first time! No Nana and Poppa, no cousins, no Auntie...just the two of them. Left enough money for their lunches and dinner out for the two nights we were gone. A REASONABLE dinner that is...not a $20 Fajita plate for the Princess that ate up their budget for the next night! My girl is kinda like her mom...a spender. YIKES!

They did survive on the food I left for them in the refrigerator and cupboards with almost no complaining. It was a tough trip for me...a little more worry, a little more wondering if we had prepared them for this kind of thing, a little more missing them than usual. They missed us too, were bored without us! Who knew we were THEIR entertainment?? And all these years, I thought it was the other way around!

Worked all day yesterday, normal for me for a Thursday evening. I start the day teaching an 8AM Step class at the gym in Tracy. I follow that up with an awesome Strength training class and then shower there and head straight to work at the LSS until 6PM. Long day, lots of time on my feet, but I love it. You would think I would be dragging when I get home, but I usually can't wait to get creative! Last night was no exception, and I made a layout to submit to Blue Media for their next book. If they like it, I'll tell you where you can see it when they print the book. If they don't, I'll show it to you next week!

Did a fun email survey with some friends and family this week. I sent them a short list of questions they were supposed to answer about me, and then I returned the favor for them. It was so fun to read their answers about me, and to see just how well we know each other. My friends are true friends and really can make me smile! My auntie Eva sent hers back, and made me tear up a little...she loves me so much...and has for my WHOLE life! I love her too, and am in awe of her artistic talent. I never realized until I started scrapbooking how much our family has in common. We are all creators...it's an amazing bond we have!

Thank you all for your prayers, good thoughts, wishes for Stevie! We have now been told he is a Rapidresponder!!! Doesn't that sound like he is kicking cancer's ass??? GO STEVIE!!! THANK YOU GOD!!

2 comments:

Jana said...

AWESOME news about Little Stevie, I'm SO thrilled to hear it. You're one busy lady but it's all fun busy which is good!! So what did you think of Dallas?

Anonymous said...

I want a survey thingy! LOL... I feel left out!