Thursday, November 02, 2006

SO FAR...a fun week!




Friday, we went to LA area for a Horror Night at Universal Studios and a fun weekend away. The real reason we went down, is because Vic is a car junkie! He found an innovation drive for Mazda at the California Speedway in Fontana and that was reason enough for us to hit the road!

If you have never been to one of these, you should try it out sometime. They have four or five courses set up and about six different new cars to try out. I won the target challenge, and probably would have one the sports car challenge because I was feeling totally hot in the RX8! Jered won the timed challenge, and Vic won the Gymkhana (where you have to come as close to their time as possible).

When we left the speedway, my car was making the loudest, wonkiest noise it has ever made...I wish I could make the noise for you here...pretty scary stuff. We ended up having the car towed to the nearest Ford dealership...thank God they were open on a Saturday...thank God they only took a couple of hours to fix the brakes on the car...and thank God we met Phil, a towtruck driver who was not afraid to take the teens for a ride on the back of a tow truck! That's Jess, Jered and Nick riding the hydraulics up and down in the top photo!

I think the whole weekend must have given Nick an idea for Halloween. When he came home from school on Tuesday, he asked if we could go pick up some boxes from Vic's store. When I asked what for he told me they were for their costumes. Two hours later, this is what they had! These boys are so awesome...they had the best Halloween ever, and the costumes only cost me the price of a few cans of spray paint! Unfortunately, because of rain, the three cars are now parked in my living room...NICE!

2 comments:

xobellaaimox said...

fab costumes!! hehe :)

Jana said...

Congrats on making the MM DT!!!!!