Thursday, October 19, 2006

Twenty Years and Counting


Twenty years ago today, I met this man! My sweet husband!

The fact that he can still look at me and laugh after all this time really is the reason that we are still together. We have been through so much together: kids, job changes, new homes, wrecked cars, teenagers learning to drive, teenagers being teenagers, silly dogs, amazing vacations, crappy vacations, good friends, church family, real family deaths, happiness, every day lives and tons of laughter, and more love than I ever imagined!

It hasn't been perfect, and I just recently came to realize that he loves me most when he can laugh with me, or at me...I don't have to be perfect. Darn, I wish I had figured that out 20 years ago...I probably would have had even more fun! Thanks baby for the best grown up years I could have asked for...I love you!

2 comments:

Jana said...

Awwww, you guys seem like a great couple! How lucky & blessed you are to have found your true soul-mate.

Anonymous said...

i love it!
i celebrate all kinds of little anniversaries with my hubby too!
20 years of lovin'.....that's so special!

{{{hugs}}}

alex