high school this week...I am a basket case, but trying not to show it because it is her turn to be the basket case. There are days when I wish she were not as sensitive and emotional about this stuff as I am, but I must have worried my mom and dad alot with all of my crying over the big events in my life too. And I think it is a great thing to feel...to feel love, fear, anger, love, amazement, awe, apprehension, nostalgia, pride. That she feels so strongly about all of this is a good thing, I would hate for her to just be cruising through life not caring about her friends, her accomplishments, her family, her life! I did the first layout with one of the Senior photos I took of her...my beautiful, thoughtful, sensitive girl! I got the title from my cute friend Stephanie...she's an awesome scrapper!
Went to a Sober Grad meeting tonight...a drink could have made that event a WHOLE lot easier, and I don't even drink much!
The coffee layout tells about a realization I came to a few weeks ago. I was going about my usual morning routine, dumping out the extra coffee in the coffee maker after I had poured mine, when I realized that I have been dumping out about 3-4 cups of coffee every day. For 259 days, since my friend Dawn moved to PA, I have dumped out 3-4 cups of coffee. Before she moved, she would meet me for a run and some coffee nearly every morning, so I always made 8 cups of coffee. For 259 days, I have been making TOO MUCH coffee for just me to drink and dumping the extra down the drain. I have physically hurt some days with how much I miss my friend, but it never occured to me to stop making coffee for both of us. I knew she was gone the whole time, in my head, but I think my heart was holding out hope that she might show up! When I told Dawn this story, she said, "that is so sad!" and "I always thought you were my smart friend!" So much for your touchy feely stories!!

5 comments:
what a *BIG* milestone.
you are such a lovely woman laura.
to be your friend is to be blessed!
i know you will make it through.
those are some gorgeous pages!
so full of emotion. love that.
I love your coffee story. I think we all get that way and I love that you documented it!
love the coffee story too! a scrappy moment for sre!
The coffee story was great... brought a tear to my eye!
**hugs** what a poiginant story & layout. one to treasure.
Post a Comment