Hey everybody! Thanks for the well wishes...I can honestly say, it was my happiest marathon ever!
Some of you know, I really struggled with my training this season. Hip issues, IBS, and a few other age/hormone related issues have really made a mess of my mind and body. That said, I had to let go of the need for a fast time, setting a PR or even running the entire way as I am used to. I had to decide ahead of time, that this one was for Stevie, and not for me, and put aside any personal goals for a good finish.
Well, I think God was really listening to me as I prayed for a good day. Yesterday morning, we started in the dark from Union Square in SF. As the sun came up, it really came up! As I crested every hill, there was another amazingly clear view of another part of this beautiful city! I have never been in San Francisco when it was this clear. As we rounded the point by the Cliff House, the ocean opened up in front of us to a view of the waves crashing...it was just so BEAUTIFUL...words can't describe it! The crowds were awesome, yelling our names, and GO TEAM! My family was waiting out at mile 21, across the street from Jessica's dorm, and they were just what I need to see to encourage me back to the finish line. I had a huge smile on my face the entire way. I can't wait to see the photos either.
Here are a few photos from the Pasta Party the night before the race. I didn't carry a camera with me because I don't have one small enough, but there were photographers along the course, so there's bound to be one or two I can buy. Thanks again for all of your support for me in this race!

10 comments:
Laura I am so happy for you!! I swear isn't it amazing how you can finish the race with a smile!! I can't wait to see that picture! I am TRULY pround of you!
bucket
Laura, you go girl :) I'm so happy to hear you had a great race. How do you do it, finish a race with a smile on your face, congratulations, you are an amazing woman. Can't wait to see fotos of the race.
Angelica
Wow, what a very commendable accomplishment. I could never do it. I could have cheered you on though.
I love SF. I have only been there in Jan. and it was very foggy, but it was beautiful!
Congrats to you!
congrats! totally amazing!
YEAH LAURA!!! You go girl! Glad you had a good race. Pictures! We want more pictures! Surely someone has one of you crossing the finish line.
And guess what? You're tagged. :) See my blog.
(((hugs)))
Yeah Laura!!!!!!
what an amazing accomplishment!! woohooo for you and I couldn't be prouder of you :)
sue
you rock, girl! congrats!
Hi, I came here in an attempt to e-mail you those swap pics!
Then I came across this post, OMG! I already thought you rocked big time but you run actual MARATHONS? Wow!
xoxo
Marlies
WTG Laura!!! I get teary eyed just reading this - so proud of you!
Post a Comment