You may commence with the Hallelujia chorus if you want...I'm singing it here! I have been looking for these damn things for at least two weeks. Every time I sit down to scrap, it is in the back of my mind that they are out there, hiding from me. Today, I started sorting (you know...not the real, throw everything out of the closet and start over cleaning) just moving things around again, looking for them one more time, and TA-DA! Here they are. They were hiding in that box of album stuff I put away two months ago (with the album unfinished because I don't like where it's going!). Talk about avoidance! I shoved that box out of the way about a hundred times while I was looking for these and not once did I look IN it. I didn't want to face that album. Is this a metaphor for life?
I am finished with jury duty. And as much as I hated sitting there each day for the last two weeks, I hated even more handing over a guilty verdict to a 19 year old man. I am so saddened by what is out there in the world, that young people are involved in. It's really got me down this afternoon. Just want to hang out in my house where it's safe, and the eyes are filled with life and love.
I get to go see Jessica tomorrow! That will bring a smile to my face...it does every time! My girl has had a rough two weeks, but I think she is beginning to wade through it. It helps so much to know that even though she has been filled with sadness, she has not lost hope.

4 comments:
hey laura! glad you found the paper frills! love those things!
HALLELUJAH! HALLELUJAH! Not just for the paper frills, but that jury duty is over!!! :)
I get to do it now on Monday! Joy joy (sarcasm)....
too funny about your missing goodies (I have that happen all the time, I hate to admit!) Jessica will be so glad to see you...it's a rough world out there and they all need a little comfort :)
Shoot you found them, I was praying to the scrap evil doers that you wouldn't find them. LOL
And remember tell Jessica "Welcome to McDonalds.. Can I take your order?" That will cheer her up.
So are you ready for your marathon run? I expect you to finish in 4 hours!! I know you can do it. YOU ARE THE BEST!
Post a Comment