Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Seriously, I Try to only ask once...



But I may have to break that rule, because this is a cause I care about so much!


I am training to do another marathon with the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team in Training. This is my sixth one, running with them, my 11th marathon altogether. I run better when I am with the team...I love the social aspect of it, usually love the discipline of it...not so much this year, because 10 marathons and being 45 is taking it's toll on my body. I wish I could say that I knew this one would be easy, but it just isn't so. It will be worth it, though, because I am doing it for Stevie.

Look at his sweet face in these photos shortly after he was diagnosed in late February. He is still beautiful, even though he has been through six months of chemotherapy. Lots of hospital visits in this last six months. Lots of prayers being said for this adorable little just now three year old.

Stevie is my cousin. If he can take his treatments like a man instead of the tiny little boy he is, I can run another marathon. I have committed to raising $2,400 for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and finishing this marathon for Stevie. If you can help me reach that goal, please go to my website for Team in Training here: http://www.active.com/donate/tntsac/tntsacLFiore1

Every $ helps, and I will be forever grateful to all who can help!

1 comment:

Breanne Crawford said...

you are awesome for doing what you do. how can i not support you? :)