Went to SF last Thursday and Friday for Jess' Freshman orientation. So bittersweet! My girl had a meltdown before we left Thursday morning because she was thinking how much she is going to miss of the little girls Amber and Chloe's lives. She is afraid they are going to grow up while she is gone to school. She forgets how much they love her, and that even if they are growing up, they won't forget that!
I had an a-ha moment too. It all of a sudden hit me that I am going to miss Jessica. Vic and Nick are going to miss Jessica. Jered is going to miss Jessica. Nana and Poppa, and Amber and Chloe, and all of the boys in the neighborhood who grew up with her and made her their queen from the day of their births are going to miss Jessica. The friends she made in Kindergarten and have been with her through all of the firsts of growing up are going to miss Jessica. Jessica is going to miss all of us and more. How selfish of me to be thinking about how sad all of this makes me. It has to be scaring the bejeezus out of my sweet, sensitive girl! So, I will try really hard to focus on someone other than me, and help her find a way to do all of this without breaking in half! Luckily, she is young, and that makes her bend pretty far before she breaks, so I know she will make it. And she is embarking on an amazing time in her life, a huge growing experience, really for the first time on her own. She will make it. She will make it. She will make it...and so will I.

10 comments:
Oh Laura you are making me cry!!! You are such a proud mama, she is very lucky to have you as her mama!!
bucket
Laura
I'm going to suggest you create an "I Hope" album for your daughter. A friend shared this concept with me when her daughter went off to college. I just completed one for my son promoting out of 8th grade next week.
Love, love, love this album. I did a CM digital 8 x 8 album so that he can tuck it into his backpack if he chooses to do so, ordered extra copies as well for gramma and grandpa for Christmas.
I can't even imagine what kind of transition that is, I've always pretty much lived in the same general area, wow... what a big step!
That's a huge step for all of you. Glad to see your perspective on it, as it truly shows what a wonderful and caring person you are! She'll be fine, and she will still need you from time to time, so don't worry too much.
Laura..
This is for you..
When my wings were still beginning, and my spirit had yet to bloom
you stood patiently beside me, and knew it would happen soon
You spoke to me with gentle words
and taught me find my own voice
You held my hand and guided my path
until I was strong enough to make my own choice.
When my faith had often waivered and when I began to stray
You helped me find hope again, and led me the right way
So as I walk along this road and explore new ventures for the grown,
I know you’re with me in my heart, and I shall never walk alone.
~nikkidugan~
Stop it, I got tears... you both will make it because you will help each other.
You got us to cry to Laura :)
This is a big step for you, but you will be happy you took it.
I'm proud of you and your family.
Nancy
You will both do fine and continue to grow Laura. You have firmly planted Jes' feet on the path and they will always find their way home.
what a rough, yet exciting time in life! There will be some hills and valleys but it's a great growing experience...for everyone :)
Post a Comment