Thursday, February 15, 2007

Happy Birthday My Sweet Girl!




Today is a tough day for me. My beautiful baby girl has grown into a beautiful young woman. Jessica turns 18 today, and I am left wondering where the heck the time has gone!
I sit back sometimes and watch her and am amazed by the sweet caring, friendly, loving person she is...not that I'm surprised, these are traits she has had her whole life. They will take her far in this big old world. I wonder how she got to be so mature, and responsible, and grown up. Then, she throws one of those girl fits, or her high pitch whine, or sasses, and I realize that she is still growing, still finding her way, still my little girl. THANK GOD!
Last night, I sat and made this little 18th birthday album for her. There is alot of sanding on the edges of those hearts, which was a very good thing, because it gave me time to cry and reflect on all that she is to me. She knows how much I love her, she knows how proud I am of her. But I'm not sure she knows just how much of my heart she carries around with her! I think that's something she will only understand when she has babies of her own. For today, I will think about one of my favorite songs, called Find your Wings.
One of the verses says:
It's not livin' if you don't reach for the sky,
I'll have tears as you take off, but I'll cheer as you fly
I pray that God will fill your heart with dreams
and that faith gives you the courage to dare to do great things,
I'm here for you whatever this life brings,
So let my love give you roots, to help you find your wings.
Who could ask for more for their Child?? Happy Birthday Jessica!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Laura that is so beautiful!! Here I am crying again!!! Ay ya ya... My baby will be turning 17 in June and my other one 16 in September. They keep reminding me how grown they are.. oh man how I miss them being babies. Good thing is that they still like to cuddle, but only for 1 minute otherwise it's just not cool. :-)

-bucket

Marie Starr said...

This is beautiful! My youngest dd will be 23 on Sunday... :( So, I have been wondering for 15 years how time could fly by so fast!

Hang in there, Honey! You will have wonderful times with your "adult" daughter, more than you will ever imagine... IT JUST GETS BETTER!! ;)

Marie

Anonymous said...

hey cutie! hope all is well w/you! LOVE this album you did for your daughter - you are very lucky! cheers to her bday! hugs, rachel

Jana said...

That poem and your little album are SOOOOOO beautiful! She'll treasure it forever.

Alex Hardy said...

oy!
you have me teared up here too.
that album is priceless....
something she will always treasure!
:)

Breanne Crawford said...

you made me tear up a bit ;)

beautiful album. what a lucky daughter you have to have such an awesome mom.